Hello! My name's Tobias and I'm passionate about enabling organizations to innovate. My work involves stimulating cultural change, promoting collaborative creative thinking, and designing product-service systems.
In my work, I love to apply my strengths in visual thinking, contextual research, creative facilitation, and storytelling. I'm currently a Strategic Product Design master candidate at TU Delft in the Netherlands, where I'm completing my transition from solving complex engineering problems to crafting people-centered solutions.
Thanks to my multi-cultural background, I’m able to adapt easily and understand new contexts quickly. I was born to a French mother and a German father, and I have lived in five different countries. I'm fluent in English, French, and German. I can hold a conversation in Spanish, and I am learning Dutch.
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University, and worked for several years developing and managing manufacturing processes, as well as designing clothing for persons with disabilities
TU Delft - M.Sc. Strategic Product Design (2016 - 2018)
- 1st place: Design a Consultancy - Strategic Value of Design course
- Finalist: Strategic roadmap for Peerby - Design Roadmapping Course
Open Style Lab - Design/Engineering Fellow (Summer 2015)
- Designed a supportive clothing accessory for a client with paralyzed arms
Vertex Pharmaceuticals - Continuous Manufacturing Engineer (2013-2014)
- Team objective: Develop continuous manufacturing method for pharmaceutical tablets and obtain regulatory approval to use it for a new Cystic Fibrosis drug
- Developed expertise in two manufacturing operations and their associated equipment
- Designed and executed experiment campaigns on these operations and reported data for regulatory submissions
IBM Microelectronics - Equipment Engineer (2011-2013)
- Managed the installation of two semiconductor manufacturing machines
- Identified and implemented equipment upgrades
- Facilitated equipment troubleshooting with maintenance technicians and process engineers
McGill University - B.Eng. Mechanical-Aeronautical Engineering (2011)
- British Association Medal Recipient – in each of the Engineering programs, awarded to the student of the graduating class taking the highest position in the final examinations
Rolls-Royce Canada - Combustion Engineering Intern (2010)
- Performed experiments and designed equipment to discover optimal noise absorption configurations
What I do for fun