Hello! My name's Tobias and I'm passionate about enabling organizations to innovate. My work involves stimulating cultural change by promoting collaborative creative thinking and physical & mental well-being. I also set strategic visions and design product-service systems.
In my work, I love to apply my strengths in visual thinking, contextual research, creative facilitation, and storytelling. I'm currently a Strategic Product Design master candidate at TU Delft in the Netherlands, where I'm completing my transition from solving complex engineering problems to crafting people-centered solutions. Beside my studies, I love to rock climb, skateboard, play ultimate frisbee, and I'm training to become a yoga instructor.
Thanks to my multi-cultural background, I’m able to adapt easily and understand new contexts quickly. I was born to a French mother and a German father, and I have lived in five different countries. I'm fluent in English, French, and German. I can hold a conversation in Spanish, and I am learning Dutch.
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University in Montreal, Canada, and worked for several years developing and managing manufacturing processes, as well as designing clothing for persons with disabilities
TU Delft - MSc Strategic Product Design (2016 - 2018)
- Clients: KLM, Ford, Gaggenau
- 1st place: Design a Consultancy - Strategic Value of Design course competition
- Finalist: Strategic roadmap for Peerby - Design Roadmapping Course competition
Open Style Lab - Design/Engineering Fellow (Summer 2015)
- Designed a supportive clothing accessory for a client with paralyzed arms
Vertex Pharmaceuticals - Continuous Manufacturing Engineer (2013-2014)
- Team objective: Develop continuous manufacturing method for pharmaceutical tablets and obtain regulatory approval to use it for a new Cystic Fibrosis drug
- Developed expertise in two manufacturing operations and their associated equipment
- Designed and executed experiment campaigns on these operations and reported data for regulatory submissions
IBM Microelectronics - Equipment Engineer (2011-2013)
- Managed the installation of two semiconductor manufacturing machines
- Identified and implemented equipment upgrades
- Facilitated equipment troubleshooting with maintenance technicians and process engineers
McGill University - BEng Mechanical-Aeronautical Engineering (2011)
- British Association Medal Recipient – in each of the Engineering programs, awarded to the student of the graduating class taking the highest position in the final examinations
Rolls-Royce Canada - Combustion Engineering Intern (2010)
- Performed experiments and designed equipment to discover optimal noise absorption configurations
What I do for fun